We Are Here to Help
We conduct a clinical assessment of current workflows and the blueprints of the new building in order to create training materials for your staff.
Additionally, we can support your internal communications to guide your staff through the transition; whether it’s an announcement about the new building orientation, a map showing where staff should park at the new facility, or instructions for whom to contact in the event of an IT issue, we are here to help.
“Hospital transitions are complicated…The attention to detail and integration of technology through the GWS Healthcare Model makes the collaboration seamless to all stakeholders.
GWS Healthcare’s commitment to excellence showed in every aspect of our transition to our new campus and we were glad we chose them to be a part of our Team.”
— Jeffrey Softcheck, Director Operational Planning, Silver Cross Hospital
As a result of our transition planning process, we provide you with:
- Patient flow mapping by department
- Operational manuals with guidelines for how to work within the new space
- Day-in-the-life scenarios for training and risk mitigation purposes
- New equipment training guidelines and sessions
- Security consultation throughout each phase of transition and building load
- Coordination with all departments for infection control risk and mitigation
- IT and Clinical milestones for operational readiness
- Bed migration planning support with clinical transition teams
- Lab move protocol manual developed in conjunction with lab managers
- A plan for phased moving of IT, FF&E, and equipment based on criticality, which can be used for vendor management/activation planning