Creating Opportunities for Cost Control
We can help you make your equipment budget, evaluate your existing equipment, and identify the right equipment to meet your budget and system standards.
Our process is inherently collaborative: we run usergroup meetings to discuss benefits and tradeoffs of purchasing versus reusing equipment. Our team’s clinical engineering background also equips us to make recommendations for the equipment planning and purchasing process.
“I think there is an underappreciation for what equipment planning can do for a project.
“The value GWS brings is that they know equipment well. They know the different manufacturers. They know what goes where. And I know it’s being taken care of.”
— Greg Herr, Director of Healthcare Technology Management, Christ Hospital
As a result of our equipment planning process, you will have:
- A detailed procurement schedule to hand off to your procurement department
- A preliminary prioritization schedule for procurement need-by dates
- The basis for an RFP to solicit medical equipment proposals
- Opportunities for cost control
- Staff buy-in for equipment decisions
- An infrastructure coordination matrix for MEP requirements
- A match of each item ID to architect blueprints, which drives your scheduling and activation planning
- Typical room templates by room type, which align with a room-by-room new equipment list
- An equipment book showing all purchased items with detail surrounding power regulations, model numbers, plumbing/drainage needs for each item, item size and specifications, etc.